Saturday, November 14, 2009

Chili ~ Phase 2


100 grams of lean ground meat
1 Cup chopped tomatoes (I removed the skin)
1/2 Cup of Water
Onion powder to taste
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 Tsp of Chili powder (or to taste)
Dash of Cayenne Pepper
Salt and Pepper to taste.

I had browned some ground meat earlier in the week with spices such as chili powder, red pepper flakes, black pepper and had put in refrigerator. So tonight I just made my soup once cooking added the meat to warm and flavors marry.

Put your 1 Cup of tomatoes and water with all spices in a small boiler pan (if making just one serving I use the pan like you would boil water to make tea in) bring to a boil. Once this got to a boil I turned to lower heat so the liquid would not cook out! Once I turned to simmer I added the hamburger meat.

This had lots of flavor and I really enjoyed teh sauce even thickened some and was dark brown like chili sauce would be~

Served with a Grissini Bread stick.

~Enjoy

1 Protein, 1 Vegetable, 1 Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment