Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Chicken Veggie Rice Soup

I took an HCG recipe for Chicken and Asparagus Soup and did an alteration. I am under a different protocol than the "Original Dr. S protocol" therefore I have a few things available like mixing vegetables and at lunch I get a Carb so I added my rice. (I had at lunch and only used 1 oz of cooked chicken so I could have Protein at night, PLUS it was a left over portion so it was already cooked to help make it easy for a lunch menu).

1 Cup of Fat Free No Sodium Chicken Broth

1 Cup of Asparagus

1/2 Cup Baby Spinach

Garlic powder to taste

Mrs Dash to taste

1 oz of Cooked chicken, shredded

1/2 cup of cooked brown rice

In a saucepan place your chicken broth with spices for seasoning and bring to boil. Once to a boil add the asparagus and cook to tendercrisp. At that time you will add the baby spinach, chicken, and rice all you are doing at this point is to soften the spinach to desired texture and warming the chicken and rice.

Enjoy ~ This was quick from leftovers and tasty!

Lunch: 1 Vegetable, 1 Carb with 1 oz of Protein. For my lunch diary I drank milk.

Will Post picture next time I fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment