Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Cauliflower Pizza today because 1.4 under LIW

PHASE 3 ~ WEEK 1 ~ DAY 6


Menu: Yesterday 12/14/2009 did not use food journal did a test day! *See Below

+ / - of the 2lbs from LIW: - 1.4

 
Yesterday I did a test for Jayme Hunt http://www.lessofmehcg.blogspot.com/ Jayme has been testing different things to do on maintenance and life phases. Yesterday I tested the Apple/Cheese for her. I did not have as large of losses as others; however, I was very pleased with my results. I think some factors may have been that I am only at the end of my first week of maintenance. I had lost .2 lb the two days previous so to be on maintenance and have lost 1.0 lb I think it was a success.
 

Most of all I got to a place I felt I would try the Cauliflower Pizza!!! It was delicious; however, it is the richest food I have eaten since beginning this program back in Oct! It was easy to make and really enjoyed. I am going to repost this recipe taht I got from http://www.hcgloss.com/ and will note changes and suggestions. Also a fellow blogger has this on her blogspot as just Cauliflower Breadsticks
http://cleochatra.blogspot.com/2008/02/i-cant-believe-its-cauliflower-pizza.html
 


Ingredients for Pizza Crust:
 
1 cup cauliflower, cooked and riced (grated)
1 egg, beaten
1 cup of mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp fennel
1 tsp oregano
2 tsp parsley
garlic powdet (to taste)
 
NOTE: I did not have any fennel or parsley at the house and all I did after making the crust before baking I sprinkled with oregano and garlic powder (I did not measure just eyed both). I also sprinkled a little dill on it. ALSO I KNOW FAMILIES THAT HAVE TRIPLED RECIPE TO FEED THE FAMILY!!
 
Do not pack ingredients in measuring cup. All you need to do is put the cheese, cauliflower, and one beaten egg into a small bowl mix well. I sprayed my non stick round cake pan and evenly patted it down.
 
Then place in preheated oven at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes. After crust was done I turned oven down to 350 degrees to warm toppings and cook other toppings this takes longer but from others it also helps crust remain crisp.
 
This was not in the directions but after I baked it to keep a round shape I flipped out of round pan and then place right side up on a cookie sheet before adding the sauce and toppings. Keep in mind by letting rest some it allows some of the moisture out keep the crust crispier.
 
NOTE IF MAKING JUST BREAD STICKS AT THIS POINT YOU COULD SPRINKLE WITH PARMESEAN CHEESE AND BROIL TILL MELTED AND BROWN SLICE WITH PIZZA CUTTER AND SERVE. I think would be great with Chili, Soup, Salad, or just dip in Marinara Sauce.
 
For toppings this is what I did. Since I am new to Maintenance I did not want the premade sauces because of being high in carbs; therefore, this is what I did.
 

I took 1/4 cup of Hunts Tomato Sauce 100% Natural and put in a saucepan with minced garlic, pepper, and oragano and heated through.
 
So the veggies would cook since everything is precooked I did sautee my onions and peppers.
 
For my toppings I put the sauce on first then the sauteed onions, peppers, fresh mushroom sliced, some grilled chicken I had left from lunch, 8 slices of pepperoni.
 
I was gonna sprinkle with parmesan cheese but I did not add that and it was absolutely delicious without!

1 comment:

  1. Ok. I need help! I did this recipe tonight, and the "crust" fell apart, and crumbled. What is the trick? Did you wait for the crust to cool before putting the toppings on? I did it in a glass dish. Could that be the problem?

    ReplyDelete